chat village

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a place to chill and chat

Psp hacks nd stuff

Hack3r
    Hack3r
    Retired member

Number of posts : 60
    Your mood : Psp hacks nd stuff Th_pis10
    Coins :
    Psp hacks nd stuff Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Psp hacks nd stuff Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-01-12

STUFF
    STUFF: asd

Psp hacks nd stuff Empty Psp hacks nd stuff

Post by Hack3r Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Know and love DAX Custom Frmware

WinRar will be needed for Many Downloads you may need

(GTA:LCS downgrade region?)3.03 OE-C Easy Installer from PSP

3.10 OE-A Easy Installer from PSP

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PSP
    Download 3.03 OE-C EASY FLASHER (Double click on pic)

Download mirror

Download 3.10 OE-A EASY FLASHER (Double click on pic)

Download mirror

Step 1) Copying files onto your psp

*Back up your psp files by coping them to your computer somewhere
    *Download "3.03 OE-C/3.10 OE-A EASY FLASHER.rar" to your computer
    *open it up and copy "303oeflasher (or 310oeflasher)" and "303oeflasher% (or 310oeflasher%)" folders to the GAME(1.5 users) folder or GAME150(SE or OE firmware users) folder.
    *NOTE - SE and OE firmware users must disable all their prxs in recovery mode, just a precaution

Step 2) Running the EASY Flasher

*place your psp on its charger, and make sure your psp battery is 75% full or more (if its not the flasher wont run)
    *go on your psp and run the "3.03 OE-C/3.10 OE-A Firmware install" app.
    *Follow the instructions and if all goes well you should have 3.03 OE-C/3.10 OE-A
    *Format you memory stick and recopy your backup psp files to your psp
    ---------------

About DAX Custom Firmware

Q: What is "Custom Firmware"?

A: Custom Firmware is based on the 1.5 firmware, which will let you play homebrew games, such as system emulators (SNES, NES, Sega Genisis, Atari, etc), homemade games (PSP Revolution, PSP space invaders, etc), homebrew programs (calculators, alarm clocks, etc), Etc.
    It combines the firmware named in the release. For example, if you install 3.03 OE-C, it combines the homebrew advantages of 1.5 & the latest creations of Sony in the 3.03 Sony released Firmware.

Q: What does DAX stand for?
    A: Dark AleX, the creator of these custom firmwares

Q: What are the advantages of Custom Firmware over DeviceHook?
    A: Devhook is a firmware emulator, it emulates the firmware that you choose, meaning if you wanted to go online, or play the latest UMD game, you would use Devhook to load the later firmware and go online, or play that game. DAX CF allows you to do this without having to switch back between 1.5 and the firmware you choose to emulate.

Q: What firmware do I need to be on to install this?
    A: 1.5, 2.71 SE-A, 2.71 SE-B, 2.71 SE-C, 3.02 OE-A, 3.02 OE-B, 3.03 OE-A, or 3.03 OE-B

---------------

The Recovery Menu
    Q: How do I acess the "Recovery Menu"?
    A: When the PSP is FULLY turned off, hold the R Shoulder button, while turning on the PSP

Q: What exactly do these options mean?
    A: Refer to (POPS?! Please help me with some questions.)Lommers Recovery Menu Guide

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lommer

Recovery Menu Features

Toggle USB
    This enables you to access your PSP's memory stick over the USB connection.use this if you cannot enter the xmb.

Configuration
    This enables you to configure some options in 3.03 OE-C. All settings are disabled by default.

Skip SCE logo
    This disables the Sony Computer Entertainment logo from playing when power on the psp.

Hide corrupt icons
    This hides the corrupted icons generated by Kxploited homebrew (homebrew that comes in two folders). This can slightly slow down your GAME menu if you have a large amount of homebrew.

Game folder homebrew (currently 3.03 Kernel)
    This lets you choose whether to load programs with the 3.03 kernel or the 1.50 kernel. it is strongly recommended to use the 1.50 kernel for Homebrew users.

Autorun program at /PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP
    This will allow you to run the EBOOT located at /PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP whenever your PSP starts up. This feature is used by some homebrew programs . Any eboot run in this way will run on the 1.50 kernel.

Use NO-UMD Mode
    This will enable you to run backup games iso/cso from your memory stick without needing to have a UMD in the drive. Compatibility is somewhat low, Most of the games need a UMD in the drive.

Fake region
    with this option you can set the psp region to Japan, USA, Europe or Korea. Setting the region to Japan enables you to visit a video download service (Portable player) through the Network section of the PSP's main interface, but it is impossible for people outside of Japan to download the videos .

Free UMD Region
    This enables UMD movies and music to run region-free.

Run program at PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP
    This will recover your PSP if it has been semi-bricked.

Advanced
    This enables you to configure some advanced options and mount your PSP's internal flash to your computer via USB. Messing with this without knowing what you're doing can result in a Semi-Brick or permanent brick.

Advanced Configuration
    This enables you to configure advanced options.

Plain modules in UMD/ISO
    This allows certain forms of unsigned code to be run from within an ISO. There aren't really any practical uses to this function, and it can make some UMDs and ISOs incompatible with your firmware. Developers can use this function to experiment with running homebrew from within an ISO.

Execute BOOT.BIN in UMD/ISO
    This runs BOOT.BIN inside the ISO instead of EBOOT.BIN. Useless unless you're a developer experimenting with the Plain modules in UMD/ISO feature, you shouldn't use this feature; average users have no need to toggle this.

Use isofs driver also in UMD-inserted mode
    Runs UMDs using the ISO driver. For non-developers, this will do nothing more than reduce compatibility.

Toggle USB (flash 0)
    This enables you to access your PSP's internal flash 0 memory over the USB connection. Messing with these files can result in a brick; there is simply no reason for the average user to use this feature.

Toggle USB (flash 1)
    This enables you to access your PSP's internal flash 1 memory over the USB connection. Messing with these files can result in your settings becoming corrupted.

CPU Speed
    These settings enable you to change how fast the CPU runs in games and in the PSP's interface and web browser. Higher numbers will result in better performance at a cost of battery life.

Speed in XMB
    This determines how fast the processor will run when it isn't playing games. If you browse the internet or watch movies, you might want to increase the speed.

Speed in UMD/ISO
    This determines how well games will run. The higher the value, the higher the framerate. If you experience any slowdown in a game, increasing this number should eliminate it.

Plugins
    You can use this menu to enable any PRX plugins that you've copied to your seplugins folder.

Registry hacks
    These settings allow you to change a few registry-related settings in the firmware.

Button Assign
    the X and O functionality seemed to be switched on the japanese version.
    This allows you to change circle or X as the enter button.

Activate WMA
    Enable wma playback without network connection. Official 3.03 won't let you enable this without connection to Sony's servers using a wireless internet connection.(wifi)

Activate Flash Player
    This allows you to activate the PSP's Flash Player. Official 3.03 won't let you enable this without connection to Sony's servers using a wireless internet connection.(wifi)

Exit
    To exit the Recovery Menu and restart the PSP.
    Hack3r
    Hack3r
    Retired member

Coins :
    Psp hacks nd stuff Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Psp hacks nd stuff Right_bar_bleue

STUFF

Psp hacks nd stuff Empty Re: Psp hacks nd stuff

Post by Hack3r Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:56 pm

Homebrew and Iso's

Q: My homebrew games will not load with Custom Firmware, but they did with 1.5... what gives?
    A: You may need to put the homebrew games in a GAME150 folder. If it is not created, you may create this folder in the PSP folder, loacated on the root of your memory stick

Q: Where is the Root of the memory stick?
    A: The first folder you see after loading up the PSP in USB mode, you will see folders such as PSP, ISO, MP_ROOT, VIDEO, etc.

Q: What is an ISO?
    A: Essentially an ISO is an image of a disc based format, or basically it is a single file that consists of an entire game. UMDs and CDs and DVDs all can be stored as ISOs. These ISOs can be played by the PSP (if it supports that disc format, i.e playstation one games and PSP games).

Q: Where do i put my iso's?
    A: In the root of the memory stick, there may be a folder named "ISO". If it isn't there, create a new folder, and label it "ISO". There you put your .iso, or .cso files there. .dax files are not supported, but I believe they are only on 3.10 oe-a.

Q: My iso's aren't loading? Whats wrong?
    A: There are many reasons why this could be happening... Do you have the iso image in the ISO folder? If not, read the question above. Is there a UMD in the drive? This is required on some iso's. Is it a cso? Some games will not load as a cso.

Q: Can I make it so I dont need a UMD in the drive?
    A: Some games work with "NO-UMD enabled". In the recovery menu, go to configuration then "Enable NO-UMD"

Q: Where can I get iso's or roms?
    A: Not here, don't even bother asking. We DO NOT support piracy on these forums, look on google if you need help.

Q: On my SNES emulator, whenever my character gets hit, for example, in Super Metroid, they dissappear for a few seconds when they are usually blinking, why?
    A: You have a custom font installed. You need toe original font.

--------------------

Customizing

Q: How do I acsess the flash0 folder?
    A: Go into Recovery Mode, then go to "Advanced" (four lines down) then click X, then go to Enable USB (Flash0)

Q: How can I customize my new Custom Firmware?
    A: Read my tutorial here (Need help on 3.03 OE-A)

Q: Can I customize my 3.03 OE-B or lower?
    A: Yes you can, you'll need pspfiler though. You're better off upgrading to 3.03 OE-C, it will make your PSP hacking easier.

Q: After customizing my coldboot, or the same as the opening sound or text, my PSX emulation is not working. How can I fix this?
    A: Follow Mime's guide Here

Q: When I install my font, the web browser looks all weird, what can I do to fix it?
    A: Nothing, it happens when you install a new font, i reccomend the original font.

--------------------

Plugins

Q: How can I install plugins?
    A: Follow PSP's tutorial here (Newbie help)

Q: What are plugins?
    A: Plugins allow you to do things with custom firmware, thats not exactly built into the flash. You can play mp3's while browsing the XMB, take screenshots and gif moving images of your XMB as well.

--------------------

PSX Emulator

Q: How can I convert my PSX discs into Eboots?
    A: I would follow one of these 2 tutorials...
    PSPMOD (Smoking Aces) - PSP-HACKS

Q: Where do I put my PSX Games?
    A: You place the eboot and keys.bin files into a folder, with the same title as the game, then you place that folder inside the GAME folder

Q: How do I switch controller ports, lets say for example, to fight Psycho Mantis in Metal Gear Solid?
    A: You need 3.10 OE-A to do this, it has the new option to swap controller ports

Q: How do I switch discs?
    A: Some games let you save before swapping the disc (FFVII for example). Then you place the eboot for the next disc in the folder, and have the same SaveID for the eboot. I reccomend using PSX2PSP (popstation GUI) for this. You load up the Eboot, then at the bottom left corner, you match the GAMEID from Disc 1 to Disc 2 (and for Disc 3 when you get there)

Q: What if the game does not have a save point at the end of each disc?
    A: You cant switch discs then. There is a method where you connect the memory card into the PC somehow, and then put the save file for disc 2. The best option i can think of would be to search google for a game-save for that game on disc 2 for the popstation PSX emulator.

Q: On every PSX game, It freezes on the background. I also have a custom coldboot (Sound or opening text)
    A: Follow Mime's guide Here

Q: My PSX game is not working on the PSP. It freezes, or turns the PSP off, Etc. Why?
    A: Have you checked the compatibility list?

---------------

Recovering the PSP back to 1.5

Q: How do I go back to 1.5, in case I Semi-Bricked the PSP?
    A: You go into recovery mode, and follow these instructions

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lommer
    How to downgrade to 1.50 from the Recovery Menu
    This can be used to fix your PSP if it Semi-bricks, as long as you can access the recovery menu.

Download and Extract the RECOVERY folder

http://www.zshare.net/download/recovery-rar-ar7.html

Copy the RECOVERY folder to PSP/GAME/

Start your PSP in Recovery Mode, then choose "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP". Read the instructions and press x. This will Downgrade your psp to 1.50 version. Don't shutdown the PSP or remove the memory stick until the update is finished.
    Once finished, shutdown the psp and restart manually to 1.50.
    Hack3r
    Hack3r
    Retired member

Coins :

STUFF

Post by Hack3r Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:56 pm

ANYONE WHO HAS QUESTIONS, MAY ASK IN THIS THREAD! I WILL BE SURE TO PUT THEM IN THERE AND ANSWER THEM, RATHER THAN MAKING NEW THREADS! THIS WILL DECREASE NEW THREADS ABOUT USELESS THINGS!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content